End users will no longer need to download the Quick Poll add-in from the store and manually install it in Outlook to create a poll after we pre-install the Poll add-in.
- Microsoft will be gradually rolling this out to Outlook for Mac and Outlook on the web (desktop) beginning in late March 2020.
- The rollout for Outlook for Mac and Outlook on the web will be completed in late April.
- Microsoft expect to release Outlook for Windows to Monthly Channel customers in late April and to Semi-Annual Channel customers in January 2021.
Your Outlook for Mac, Outlook for Windows, and Outlook on the web (desktop) users will soon be able to create a poll within Outlook without needing to find-and-install an add-in.
- For Outlook for Mac, users will find Poll on the Message tab. After a user pins the add-in, it will appear under the contextual toolbar.
- For Outlook on the web, when users create a new email message, they can access the add-in under “…” > Poll.
- For Outlook for Windows, users can accessPoll either via Insert tab > Poll or via Options tab > Use Voting Buttons > Poll.
Note: Screen captures for each version of Outlook are at the bottom of this message.
Microsoft plan to withdraw the current Quick Poll add-in from the store in January 2021. Microsoft will send a communication through Message Center before the final retirement of the Quick Poll add-in.
Should Mac and Outlook on the web users not uninstall the Quick Poll add-in, the new add-in will be automatically installed when it is withdrawn from the store. When a user preemptively uninstalls the old add-in, the new Poll add-in will be automatically installed.
If Mac users have downloaded the Quick Poll add-in, they will need to uninstall it at https://outlook.office365.com/ecp/ in order to use the pre-installed Poll add-in.
Please see the Additional information link to learn more about this feature.
User access to the Poll add-in
Outlook for Mac
Outlook on the web
Outlook for Windows