New Feature: Multi-Window Chat for Microsoft Teams
The initial roll-out will be for Windows clients only. Microsoft will provide support for Mac and Linux clients in the coming weeks.
Multi-Window Chat is a new Microsoft Teams feature which enables users to multitask more efficiently by popping out their chat conversations into separate windows.
Microsoft will begin the roll-out to all customers starting in early April and expect to complete the roll-out by the end of May.
This enhancement is related to Microsoft 365 Roadmap ID 57292.
How does this affect me?
Once available users will be able to engage in chat sessions in windows outside the Teams client.
There are several ways users can pop-out their conversations:
- Double-click on a conversation in the chat list.
- Click “Pop out chat” from the context menu for a chat in the chat list.
- Click the ‘pop out’ button in the top-right corner of the chat header.
- Use the slash command /pop
- Double-click on an avatar picture
- Hover over a chat in the chat list and click on the ‘pop out’ button